In light of the updates concerning the novel coronavirus COVID-19, Salon Doremi has increased our safety measures to help better protect you. Per the most recent guidelines from the World Health Organization and the CDC, the following changes have been implemented until further notice:
1. "Wash hands often" - All stylists will be washing their hands with soap and water in-between each client and at least once every hour. All non-stylists will wash hands at a minimum of once every hour. Hand sanitizer will be left in open areas and used generously throughout the day.
2. "Cough into elbow" - All employees have been taught proper coughing and sneezing etiquette as outlined by the CDC. Cover Your Cough signage has been placed in conspicuous areas of the salon as a reminder for both clients and team members at Salon Doremi.
3. "Don’t Touch Your Face" - Clients and staff will be reminded to make an attempt to avoid touching their face to prevent contamination of hands as well as prevent increased exposure to any potential pathogens that may have contacted the hands.
4. "Stay more than 3 feet apart" (Social Distancing)- Hair styling is, unfortunately, a close proximity scenario. As such, maintaining a space of 3 feet between your stylist is impossible. However, Salon Doremi will strive to keep all individuals as far apart as possible. We will be doing this by limiting the number of stylists working at a given time, and working at different areas of the salon in order to maintain proper social distancing.
5. "Feel sick? Stay home" - We are asking that any team members who may be feeling ill to stay home. We are also requesting that clients scheduled for an appointment who is ill or has been exposed to someone ill to reschedule to a future date.
6. "The New Coronavirus Can Live On Surfaces For 2-3 Days" - Client gowns and color smocks will be wiped or washed in-between each client. Disinfectant wipes will be placed at each stylist station to be used to wipe chairs and surfaces between clients. All high touch surfaces (door handles, countertops, pens, etc.) will be wiped at a minimum of once per hour.
At Salon Doremi, our hearts go out to those impacted by COVID-19, and your safety is our number one priority (second, of course, is your hair!) We appreciate your patience as we continue to adjust our protocols as the current situation evolves. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a rapidly changing situation from a public health perspective, and we are committed to keeping you informed and to taking care of you as a valued Salon Doremi customer.
Of course, should you still feel any hesitation to come in, we will be more than happy to reschedule you to future date. All that we ask is you give our salon 24 hours notice in order to properly accommodate other customers.
Stay safe and well.